Shipping & Returns: Free Shipping. Returns per Manufacturer Policy (see Warranty and FAQ on Product Page)
- Clean Air Delivery Rate (CADR): CADR stands for Clean Air Delivery Rate, and it is the standardized system for reporting the effectiveness of a particular air purifier in removing smoke, dust and pollen. AirDoctor™ is independently tested by Intertek laboratories. The smoke CADR for AirDoctor™ is 326, the dust is 343, the pollen is 373. When operated with the Gas Trap VOC filter, which removes pollutants in gas state (VOC's) and restricts the air flow by about 10%, these numbers are reduced by about 10% from the air. The higher the number the more effective the air purifier will be.
- 100% Sealed System : You can only purify the air, if the air passes through the filter and does not avoid the filter by passing through unsealed leaks. The AirDoctor™ is a 100% sealed system to ensure all the air you breathe is pure and filtered.
- Energy Star Certified: Featuring low power consumption, it is energy-efficient and ENERGY STAR approved.
- Power– 11 watts on the low setting and 95 watts on the high setting
- Cost to Operate/Energy Consumption- ≈ $30-40/year when operated 24/7
- Room Size– Treats Up To 900 Square feet
- Dimensions: (W) 15.75 x (D)8.25 x (H)23 inches
- Weight– 18 lbs
- 1 x AirDoctor™ Professional Air Purifier (includes ultraHEPA™ filter, and volatile organic compound filter)
- User manual
Q: How often should I change the filters?
How long the filters last depends on a couple of different factors. Specifically, the quality of the air in your home AND how many hours per day you operate your unit. Based on the air quality in the average home in the United States and Canada and 24/7 operation, the Gas Trap VOC filter should last 6 months and the UltraHEPA™ filter should last a full 12 months before they need to be replaced.
If you operate your AirDoctor™ for only 12 hours per day, then the Gas Trap VOC filter should last 1 year.
Click on image below for Gas Trap VOC filter replacements
UltraHEPA™ filter should last a full 2 years before they need to be replaced (in homes with average air quality). We recommend that you leave your AirDoctor™ set to Auto, which will allow your device to adjust automatically, based on the filtering needs inside your home.
Click on image below for UltraHEPA filter replacements
Q: How do I know when it's time to change the filters?
Your AirDoctor™ comes with an automatic sensor which notifies you when it's time to replace each of the two filters mentioned above. (Note: There is also a 3rd pre-filter, which can be easily removed and washed. With proper care and under normal operating conditions, this filter should not need to be replaced.
Q: I changed my filter, but my Change Filter light is still on. How do I reset my Change Filter indicator light?
To reset your Change Filter indicatory light, press the AUTO and DIM buttons together for 3 seconds. The CLEAN FILTER light flashes 3 times and then turn off completely, indicating the unit has been reset.
How to Use the AirDoctor™ Air Purifier
As an authorized retailer of AirDoctor™ products, we are able to offer you a one-year limited warranty. Filters are consumables and are not covered under this warranty.
Please See our Page on Shipping and Returns and scroll down for AirDoctor™ Return Policy.
Q: What is UltraHEPA™?
HEPA is an acronym for High Efficiency Particulate Air. These filters are designed to capture particles that is 0.3 Microns. UltraHEPA™ captures particle down to 0.003 Microns. That is 100 times smaller than regular HEPA.
Q: Does AirDoctor™ have an Air Ionizer?
AirDoctor™ does feature an Air Ionizer which can be turned on or off, as you choose. Air Ionizers can help remove particulates, microbes and odors from your room, leaving it smelling fresh.
Q: How much electricity does AirDoctor™ use?
AirDoctor™ consumes 11 watts on the low setting and 95 watts on the high setting. While utility costs vary across the country, AirDoctor™ costs about $30-40 per year to run on Auto-mode 24/7.
Q: Does AirDoctor™ capture mold?
AirDoctor™ captures mold spores. However, mold spores in the air usually mean that there is a mold somewhere in your house. You should make sure to find the source and get rid of the root of the problem with professional remediation, if necessary.
Q: Why has the fan speed on my AirDoctor™ changed by itself?
If you have auto mode selected, it might have detected polluted air, causing AirDoctor™ to increase the fan speed in order to clean the air faster.
Q: How much space will the AirDoctor™ cover?
The AirDoctor™ is powerful enough to filter the air in a 900 sq. ft. room three times every hour and a 450 sq. ft. room six times every hour.
Q: How much does AirDoctor™ weigh?
AirDoctor™ weighs approx. 18 pounds.
(W) 15.75 x (D)8.25 x (H)23 inches.
Shipping and Returns
- Where is my order? After we receive your order, we will check with the supplier that your item is still in stock. We will then charge your credit card. You will receive a tracking number to track your package.
- When will my order arrive? Due to a high demand and shipping delays associated with the pandemic and wildfires, it is difficult for us to give an exact date of delivery. We appreciate your understanding and patience.
- I wish to cancel my order. I have not yet received the product yet. Please contact us at email@example.com with your order number. All orders cancelled after 48 hours are subject to a $20 administration fee, whether or not your order has shipped. If your order has shipped, you (the buyer) will also be responsible for returning the item and paying for actual return shipping charges. Refunds will only be issued to the original credit card that you use when placing your order.
- The product is damaged/ not working. Please take pictures and video of the damaged product, and save all packaging. Please notify us as soon as possible (no later than 15 days from date of product delivered) at firstname.lastname@example.org with your order number. Please refer to our Shipping and Returns Policy for further information.
- I wish to return the product. I have changed my mind or do not like this product. Return policies are determined by the manufacturer. AirDoctor™ has a warranty policy of 1 year only if the product is damaged or not working. If this is the case, please save all packaging so the item can be re-sold, and notify us at email@example.com as soon as possible (no later than 15 days from date product is delivered). Please refer to our Shipping and Returns Policy for Further information.